This is a brief overview of how we are implementing PAYE Modernisation. Our desktop payroll software and Cloudpay will support both ROS Payroll Reporting and also Direct Payroll reporting. This means that you have a choice of how you would like to communicate with Revenue. Direct Payroll reporting is a seemless integration with Revenue whereas ROS Payroll reporting relies on uploading files to ROS in a simlar fashion to how P35s and P30s currently work.
We have had to make some changes to Payback and Cloudpay for PAYE Modernisation.
- Extra fields in the Employee screen
- A new way of re-employing people
- Now there is a 'Revenue' section on the main menu
- Facility to process RPNs and PSRs
- List of Employees file
Like previous years there will be a pre-release in December for people who need to process January payroll early. Our main version will be ready on 1 January 2019 when Revenue systems go live.
We will be updating our support section for PAYE modenisation.
What should you do?
- Make sure that all of your employees that have left your employment have correct leave dates - ie that you have P45d them.
- Ensure that your current employees have valid PPSNs.
- Create the List of Employees and upload this to ROS. Note that this has to be done before 31 Oct 2018. Instructions are here: https://www.payback.ie/support/quick-tutorials/creating-a-list-of-employees/
- In January 2019 upgrade to the 2019 version of Payback as you usually would.
- Upload your Final 2018 P30 and 2018 P35 as you usually would, using the 2019 version of Payback
- Create P60s using the 2019 version
- Start using the new PAYE modernisation features - detailed instructions to follow.