2016 release notes
Payback Version 2016.07
Bug fixes and changes
'Classic mode' removed.
Paternity pay added.
Printed payslip suppier contact details changed
Email Payslips Alternative server added
Quickbooks output fixes
Payback Version 2016.06
Bug fixes and changes
Bank of Ireland SEPA file format change. We have updated Payback to reflect the SEPA file format change for Bank of Ireland. There are now three SEPA formats: Standard, Bank of Ireland and Ulster Bank
Warning is Slashes used in Windows Date format: WARNING: Change regional settings date format from '-' to '/'
Property tax can be set to zero if:
- zero pay overwritten to some other figure
- click on pay for save buttons without clicking anywhere else
P2C file import has year to Date figures option
Payback Version 2016.05
Bug fixes and changes
Additional P45 fix. The new version should now create P45s for employees who have no A class PRSI records.
P2C File import: Employees with the same PPSN, but with two employments, will only have tax details updated for current company.
P2C File import: USC basis updated to PAYE basis for CD_W1_M1 field.
P2C file import: Can now accept employer names greater than 40 characters long (revenue specifies only 40 characters)
Taxable pay used instead of Gross pay for calculation report
Payback Version 2016.04
Producing P45s for employees that had no payments processed, or year to date figures entered caused a problem where the PRSI A class entry was omitted from the XML file because there were zero weeks. This was the only change for version 2016.04
Payback Version 2016.03
There were no PAYE changes for 2016 in the Budget. All PAYE rates stay the same.
- The Class A threshold for charging the 10.75% rate of employer PRSI will increase from €356 to €376.
- No change in the Class A €38 threshold for charging employer PRSI.
- No change in the rates of employer PRSI for other PRSI Classes.
Class A Employee PRSI
- The Class A employee PRSI rate of 4% remains unchanged.
- For gross earnings between €352.01 and €424, the amount of the PRSI charge at 4% is reduced by a new tapered weekly PRSI Credit.
- The maximum weekly PRSI Credit of €12.00 applies at gross weekly earnings of €352.01.
- For gross weekly earnings over €352.01, the maximum weekly PRSI Credit of €12.00 is reduced by one sixth of weekly earnings in excess of €352.01.
- There is no PRSI Credit once gross weekly earnings exceed €424.
- Participants in Community Employment and the Employer PRSI Exemption Schemes with weekly gross earnings between €352.01 and €424 will benefit from a PRSI Credit, in the same way as other Class A contributors.
- To accommodate the new PRSI Credit in Classes A and H, the thresholds for certain Class A and Class H subclasses are altered.
- The new PRSI Credit will only apply to the subclasses AX, AL, HX and A7 and to those with weekly gross earnings between €352.01 and €424 in subclass A9.
Other Employee PRSI
A PRSI Credit, equivalent to that for Class A employees, will apply to Class H and Class E employees.
No change in employee PRSI for other PRSI classes.
Self-Employed Class S
No change to PRSI Class S.
No change for PRSI Class K
USC PRSA, 2016
Chapter 2 of the Finance Bill 2015 contains an amendment to the USC treatment of employer contributions to an employee’s Personal Retirement Savings Account (PRSA). With effect from 1 January 2016, these contributions will no longer attract a USC liability for the employee.
If a new PRSA is set up for an employee for 2016 using the Quick Setup, the USC BIK element will no longer be automatically added.
Any existing PRSA USC BIK elements (set up for PRSAs prior to 2016) will be calculated at zero for 2016 contributions. We recommend removing USC BIK elements in the employee screen before processing payments for 2016.
USC Week 53, 2015 and 2016
Revenue has previously advised that USC Week 53 should be processed on an emergency basis. Payback has followed this advice.
On the 9 December 2015, Revenue has retrospectively changed this advice. They published a new version of the USC FAQ:
http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/usc/univer ... e-faqs.pdf
This new version states that Week 53 USC should now be processed with week one USC credits.
Unfortunately, this came far too late to test and roll out an update for 2015. The 2016 version of payback, (including the pre-release), calculates Week 53 using the revised rules.
If you processed a week 53 for your employees in 2015, they may be due a refund for USC. Please contact Revenue to arrange the refund.
Telephone: 1890 25 45 65
New USC Rates for 2016
On the next €6656 3%
On the next €51376 5.5%
On the balance 8%
Included in the 2016 version is a new P35 wizard.
In the Reports screen, select ROS P35 (annual)
A button called 'ROS P35 Wizard' will appear at the top of the screen.
Click this button and a dialogue will appear which simplifies the process of checking and uploading P35s.
Two new reports are included:
- Annual Gross to Net
- Annual Expenses
We have also released a cloud version: https://www.cloudpay.ie