GDPR Privacy notice
Payback Payroll Software GDPR Privacy notice.
An introduction of the data controller ("who we are")
Silver Onion Ltd t/a Payback Payroll
Company Number. 312851
VAT Number. IE6332851H
We develop, distribute and support payroll software for both Ireland and UK markets.
An explanation of the personal data that is processed
When a customer purchases a payback payroll software licence, we obtain the following information about the customer:
- Company Name
- Company Address
- Email address
- Entry date of the licence
- Expiry date of the licence
- Email address of entity that purchased the licence
- Contact First name
- Contact surname
- Product the customer bought the licence for
This information is provided by the customer when they buy their licence by filling in a (Worldpay) order form. Note that we do not process any credit card information.
When an evaluator downloads an evaluation of our desktop software, we obtain the following information:
- Evaluator's email address
- Whether they would like to receive emails
- The product downloaded
- The date and time the product was downloaded
The evaluator has to opt in (by ticking a box) and they are made fully aware that they are opting into a mailing list. They may opt out or request that their data is deleted at any time.
From time to time, was also use Google for targeted advertising.
A description of the purposes for which that personal data is processed
For customer, we use this data to issue and administer software licences. We also send these emails:
- Renewal reminder emails to customers whose licences are about to expire.
- Important updates to the payroll software
- Notification of new version release
These emails are a legitimate interest. If there is a statutory change to payroll regulations or if there is a potential obstruction to the processing of payroll, then it is necessary to inform our customers. Our customers can unsubscribe from these emails preserving their rights and freedoms.
For evaluators, we send these emails:
- One email to confirm that they have downloaded the software, with a link in case the download did not work
- Two subsequent emails to equire if they need assistance in their evaluation process
- Notification of important updates or new versions.
These emails are not a legitimate interest and are explicitly opt-in.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Payback or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
An explanation for the duration of the retention periods applicable
You have the right to request a record from us of all the information we have about you. You also have the right to ask us to delete the information that we have about you. If you are a paying subscriber of our service, or have purchased a desktop payroll licence, then we will need to retain details of invoices sent to you for statutory purposes.
A description of data processors that are involved on behalf of the data controller
The data is stored in the Microsoft Cloud in an Azure SQL Database.
We use WorldPay to process credit card details.
We use an Amazon Web Services (AWS) mail server to send customer emails and respond to support queries.
Gmail is used to communicate with our customers and evaluators.
We may also share your information with other trusted and secure third parties who help us conduct our business.
An indication of who to contact ("contact us") in case of a complaint, a question, or when a data subject wishes to exercise his or her rights
Please contact us on email@example.com with GDPR in the subject line.